New Increased Amex Welcome Offers
I just found a few amazing Amex Welcome Offers. Originally I was doing a little research and noticed that the Gold Card disappeared from the Amex site and usually that means a change is coming- well this is a good one! Also be sure to check out my recent post: Want Different Offers? Try This Trick to Get More Amex Offers. Here’s the publicly available link (see below for a few caveats) to the Gold Card offer the Green Card Link .
Details: New Increased American Express Welcome Offers for Green and Gold Cards
American Express Green Card
- Earn 45,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first three months.
- Receive up to $100 in statement credits for purchases made directly with Away using your new American Express® Green Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer available to new Card Members who apply by January 15th, 2020.
- The annual fee for the American Express Green Card is $150.
Alternative Offer Via Referral Only
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first three months.
- Receive up to $150 in statement credits for purchases made directly with Away using your new American Express® Green Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Same annual fee
Both offers are available to new Card Members who apply by January 15th 2020.
American Express Gold Card
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $4,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Annual fee for the American Express Gold Card is $250.
Is this offer Targeted?
Interestingly the following language is included: “This offer may not be available if you leave the web page and return later.” It’s also interesting that I’m seeing different offers depending on how I try to access the cards.
If you’re not targeted or prefer the referral offer here’s a referral link with the Green Card offer.
If you don’t have either of these cards or have been considering getting one, now is a good time! I’m definitely grabbing the Green Card because I’ve never had it and the $300 in credits alone are enough to justify the fee. And for the love of god, don’t refer yourself. Amex has been clawing back bonuses and removing the ability to refer anyone from people who had done so. Here’s the referral link again in case you don’t have a friend with the same offers. If you don’t see the card you want, click on the highlighted text that says “View all Cards with a Referral Offer” as in the picture below. Although these offers say they expire in January I wouldn’t wait because I accidentally let the Gold card application page time out and the offer reverted to 35k Membership Rewards Points.