Bougie Miles may receive commissions from certain affiliates. BougieMiles.com has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. BougieMiles.com and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
American Airlines Upgrade Offer
American Airlines has a limited time promotion where they feature a different deal each day. The deals have varied and there have definitely been some incredibly cheap prices, though prices are already cheap thanks to our friend Covid. Today’s deal is pretty legit if you are considering flying before the end of February. Todays Daily Deal is a Premium Cabin Upgrade Promo where you can upgrade from main cabin to business class for $50 (flights under 500 miles) or $100 (over 500 miles) each way. I always look for domestic flights on the 777-200 so I can lie flat, because why not. I checked flights to Miami and I saw them as low as $140 each way in February. Also do a quick search to see which is the best airline to credit these flights to because you won’t earn much on AA since the prices are so cheap. Check out this guide for the basics. Easily Calculate How Many Miles You’ll Earn for a Flight.
Key Terms: American Airlines Upgrade Offer
- Valid for nonstop domestic flights
- Excludes: Chicago (CHI) – Fort Myers (FMY); Dallas (DFW) – Forty Myers (FMY); Vail/Eagle (EGE) – Miami (MIA); Philadelphia (PHL) – Fort Myers (FMY); New York (JFK) – Los Angeles (LAX); New York (JFK) – San Francisco (SFO).
- Offer is valid for reservations made January 14, 2021 from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. Central Time for travel from January 21, 2021 through February 28, 2021.
- Cannot be applied retroactively or to existing reservations.
- Upgrade to Business Class for
- $50 one way for nonstop flights under 500 miles
- $100 one way for nonstop flights over 500 miles
- Upgrade option and pricing will be available at check-out. No promotional code needed.
- Valid only on nonstop flights operated by American Airlines and American Eagle. Not valid on codeshare flights.
- Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week.
- Valid for one-way or round-trip travel.
- Not valid on award tickets
I had a little trouble finding flights at first mostly because I didn’t carefully read the offer terms, it’s only valid for travel Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Excludes travel on Fridays and Sundays. Also, the terms state you will see the offer at checkout but I couldn’t get that to happen, instead after re-running a few searches I realized it was built right into the prices. I.e. First class was $100 more than main cabin. I just reviewed the Business Class Cabin on the 777-200 and enjoyed my flight so you can try a premium product on many flights included in this deal.