Bougie Miles may receive commissions from certain affiliates. BougieMiles.com has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. BougieMiles.com and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
A friend of mine sent me an article about the number of rewards that people miss from credit card spending and it kills me to see anything like that since I make my living teaching people how to maximize credit card rewards points and perks based on their lifestyles – credit card rewards apps to the rescue. The main stat from the Fox Business post that crushed my soul was that
- “Americans overall leave about $30B in rewards every year (based on 100M households, annual missed rewards of $300)”
Of course it would be impossible for any blog to cover every person’s exact situation but luckily there are some new apps in addition to the ones we’ve been preaching about (FOREVER) to make your life easier especially for those who have several different types of rewards earning credit cards and have accounts with a bunch of loyalty programs.
Credit Card Rewards Tools
- Discover the best card to use at nearby merchants and Know the best card to use to maximize rewards and savings on every purchase.
- Get a cheatsheet to maximize your rewards.
- See all of your offers and deals in one place.
- Displays your net worth in rewards (I love this feature because it makes me feel extra rich).
Uthrive is an app based tool that offers personalized advice based on a user’s spending habits and lets consumers know the best card to use on purchases including alerting you to missed opportunities for both cash back and travel rewards based on your transactions. Uthrive also now offers advice on business credit cards which is very helpful for anyone with a small business. Even more impressive is that Uthrive is free to use so there’s really no reason not to try it out.
- Personalized advice on how to optimize rewards.
- Custom advice based on expected future spending.
- Personalized new card recommendations based on your spending habits and credit profile.
- Tells you the best card to use in two taps, at millions of online or in-store merchants including a separate category for places near you.
- Shopping, travel, or groceries – Uthrive alerts you when you use the wrong card.
- Track progress towards qualifying for welcome offers.
Card Curator has both a web based application as well as an app that easily connects to your Award Wallet account to save you time. The goal of Card Curator is to help users make the most of the credit card rewards points and miles game with personalized recommendations from CardArbTM, their proprietary algorithm, to help you automatically earn more on all your spending. Most of the features are free to use though they do have a premium membership which gives you access to some more premium features. Feel free to use my referral code if you sign up- PSC750 and share yours in the comments below if you have an account. Card Curator is unique because it bases its’ recommendations for each user on their specified rewards based goals.
- Allows you to set your goals- Personalized card recommendations and spending strategies based on your specific goals.
- Keep track of your rewards from all of your accounts.
- A transaction feature that allows you to find the best card (from your personal credit card portfolio) for each purchase before you make it so you can earn the most points.
Award Wallet has been a staple for me since I started with credit card rewards and it has so many features that I couldn’t live without – like the ability to add loyalty accounts for multiple members of my household for thousands of programs and automatically add travel plans from my accounts as soon as the plans are made. I’ve had an Award Wallet Plus account since 2017 and I will always have one. You can use my referral link for a free upgrade.
- Credit Card optimization tools- helps you maximize the amount you earn on purchases.
- Credit Card Spend Analysis, Merchant lookup tool and transaction analyzer- let’s you know where you missed potential earnings based on the cards you already have and let’s you see offers for cards that would have earned you the max points for transactions at specific retailers or categories.
- Keep track of loyalty program rewards and expiration dates as well as the unused values of certain credit card benefits like the Amex travel credit.
- Automatically adds travel plans to your account and allows you to group them into itineraries.