Bougie Miles may receive commissions from certain affiliates. BougieMiles.com has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. BougieMiles.com and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Save on Inflight Wifi
A flight without Wifi is pretty much my worst nightmare as far as travel issues go and I used to run out of my free gogo inflight wifi passes right around April every year so I switched to T-Mobile and somehow I still end up paying for Wifi on half of my flights. Additionally, Credit cards with free Gogo passes have dwindled in the last few years and airlines have complicated things by adding different types of wifi to different aircraft and service areas enter my list of all the ways I could come up with to get free and/or reduced wifi on your next flight.
Credit Cards Offering Free or Reduced Cost Wifi
- U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card: 12 Gogo Passes per year.
- UBS Visa Infinite Card:12 Gogo Passes per year.
- U.S. Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature Card:12 Gogo Passes per year (benefit to be discontinued on April 1, 2022.)
- City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite: 12 Gogo Passes per year.
- AAdvantage Aviator Red Mastercard: $25 statement credits on inflight Wi-Fi every anniversary year.
- AAdvantage Aviator Silver Mastercard: $50 statement credits on inflight Wi-Fi every anniversary year.
- CitiBusiness/ AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard: 25% savings on AA inflight Wi-Fi purchases when you use your card.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Business Credit Card: reimburses 365 $8 inflight Wi-Fi purchases on Southwest each year. (Southwest charges a flat $8 for wifi).
- Several United Credit Cards offer a 25% rebate on in-flight wifi purchases.
- Alaska Mileageplan Credit Cards offer 20% back on wifi purchases.
Related: Amex Airline Credit: Using $2000 on JB, AA, Delta
Airlines with Free WiFi
The following airlines have some form of free wifi available but the only one that’s unlimited, available to everyone regardless of aircraft, elite status or ticket class is Jetblue.
- Qatar Airways
- JetBlue Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- Air China
- China Eastern
- Nok Air
- Air Canada
- Air New Zealand
- Aer Lingus
T-Mobile Inflight Wifi
T-Mobile offers one free hour of Wi-Fi on all Gogo-equipped domestic flights. Even better, If you have T-Mobile Magenta Plus, you can get free Wi-Fi during your entire flight. Click here for complete details and how it works.
Save Money: Buy Inflight WiFi Passes Ahead of Time and Save
You can also save a significant amount on your Wifi passes by buying them the day prior to travel. Certain airlines will allow you to purchase Wifi with miles. I don’t have a list for you but I know Iberia and United offer this option. I’m not sure I recommend using miles for WiFi unless you have a ton of miles or you’re unlikely to make use of some stranded points because the redemption value is probably unfavorable.
GoGo Wifi Pass Options, Pricing and Where to Buy
GoGo Offers several passes that can be pre-purchased. The type of passes offered by GoGo vary by airline. AA, Delta, United, Alaska and Air Canada passes can be purchased at GoGo.com. Prices range from $7-$19 for the entire flight if you purchase inflight. If you are taking more than one flight, it pays to buy your passes from GoGo in advance because you’ll pay $19 for the full 24 hours on domestic flights.
Domestic WiFi Passes Purchased from GoGo in advance (Available for United, Alaska, Air Canada)
- 1 Hour – $7
- 24 Hour Pass – $19
GoGo Subscription Passes
- Monthly access on domestic Gogo equipped flights on Delta and Alaska Airlines – $49.95
- Global Delta Plan: Monthly internet access on all domestic and international Gogo equipped flights on Delta Air Lines – $69.95
- Annual Airline Plan: Yearly access on domestic Gogo equipped flights on Delta and Alaska Airlines – $599
RELATED: 2021 Delta Companion Certificate Guide
Inflight WiFi Information Page for Each Major US Airline
United Wifi Prices (Day passes from GoGo but subscriptions are purchased directly from United.)
One Time Pass (Purchased through GoGo)
- $7 (1 Hour)
- $19 (Day Pass)
- North America and Central America
- (Monthly) $49 or 7,500 Miles
- (Yearly) $539 or 80,000 Miles
- (Monthly)$69 or 10,500 miles
- (Yearly) $689 or 100,000 miles
American Airlines Wifi Prices (Monthly Subscription sold directly by AA)
One Time Pass (Purchased in flight)
- Single flight pass $10 and up to $25
- American Airlines Wi-Fi Subscription Plan for $49.95 for a monthly plan or $59.95 for a 2-device monthly plan.
The Southwest Airlines “Performance Business” credit card offers $8 credit per day, for 365 days/year, toward wifi on SWA flights.