FoundersCard AAdvantage Status Challenge
Offer Fine Print
- You must request to enroll on founderscard.com no later than midnight ET January 19, 2020.
- Beginning February 1, 2020 through March 31, 2020, you can choose which status challenge you would like to participate in (Platinum or Gold) and select your challenge start date within that timeframe by logging into your Wallet (under Account Summary) on aa.com.
- Your AAdvantage account will not reflect the selected challenge tier (Platinum/Gold) until your selected challenge period begins.
- Once your challenge period begins, you will be upgraded to the selected status (Platinum/Gold), and will have 3 months from the challenge start date to meet the challenge criteria.
- Information about the challenge as well as the requirements will be located in your Wallet on aa.com.
Eligibility Rules and Exclusions
- Platinum, Platinum Pro or Executive Plat members are not eligible to participate
- Gold Members- You cannot participate in an offer for the same or lower status than you currently hold. if you register for an offer with the same or lower status you’ll be auto enrolled in the Platinum offer
- Members who have enrolled or are currently enrolled in a status challenge in the previous 24 months are not eligible
- The offer selection cannot be changed once the selection is made.
It’s nice to see Founderscard Offer another AA Status Challenge. It’s pretty cool that you’re able to select the 3 month challenge timeframe, it really allows you to plan ahead and choose a window where you plan to fly more frequently. I am pretty happy with Founderscard so far though I can’t make use of this perk because I already hold Executive Platinum status. If you can take advantage, this is a great benefit! Platinum status has some good benefits, including low-cost or free upgrades to First or Business class. Status is recognized by all OneWorld Alliance member airlines. Historically, AA charged upwards of $200 to enroll in a challenge. The best part of this offer is that you’ll hold elite status until January 31, 2021. It is however a bit of a bummer that members with AAdvantage Platinum status or higher can’t use this offer to re-qualify.