Bougie Miles may receive commissions from certain affiliates. BougieMiles.com has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. BougieMiles.com and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
FoundersCard AAdvantage Status Match
There’s another great FoundersCard AAdvantage Status Match and Challenge, that allows you to choose the challenge dates and whether to go for Platinum or Gold AA Status. One of the best perks of Founderscard are these chances to earn American Airlines Elite Status with significantly reduced elite qualification requirements. This offer is available to (almost) all FoundersCard members with an awesome feature we’ve seen on the last few offers: You will have the opportunity to select your challenge dates for this American Airlines AAdvantage Status Challenge. Read up on afew shortcuts to meet the challenge requirements. To participate you have to meet the requirements below and register for this offer by June 15, 2021, and beginning June 25, 2021, select your challenge start date any time through December 31, 2021. By completing the challenge criteria during your selected three month challenge period, you have the opportunity to extend your status through January 31, 2023.
- You must request to enroll on founderscard.com no later than 5 pm CST on June 15, 2021.
- Then, if you are eligible to participate, the challenge start date and tier will be selected by you via your AAdvantage wallet between June 25 and December 31, 2021.
- you can choose which status challenge you would like to participate in (Platinum or Gold) and select your challenge start date within that timeframe by logging into your Wallet (under Account Summary) on aa.com.
- Your AAdvantage account will not reflect the selected challenge tier (Platinum/Gold) until your selected challenge period begins.
- Once your challenge period begins, you will be upgraded to the selected status (Platinum/Gold), and will have 3 months from the challenge start date to meet the challenge criteria.
- Information about the challenge as well as the requirements will be located in your Wallet on aa.com.
Eligibility Rules and Exclusions
- Platinum, Platinum Pro or Executive Plat members are not eligible to participate.
- Gold Members- You cannot participate in an offer for the same or lower status than you currently hold. if you register for an offer with the same or lower status you’ll be auto enrolled in the Platinum offer.
- Members who have enrolled or are currently enrolled in a status challenge in the previous 24 months are not eligible.
- The offer selection cannot be changed once the selection is made.
It’s nice to see Founderscard Offer another AA Status Challenge. It’s pretty cool that you’re able to select the 3 month challenge timeframe all they way through December, it really allows you to plan ahead and choose a window where you plan to fly more frequently. I am pretty happy with Founderscard and last time I couldn’t make use of this perk because I already held Executive Platinum status but this time I’m definitely going to see if I’m eligible since I gave up AA status in favor of Delta this year. If you can take advantage, this is a great benefit! Platinum status has some good benefits, including low-cost or free upgrades to First or Business class. Status is recognized by all OneWorld Alliance member airlines. Historically, AA charged upwards of $200 to enroll in a challenge. You’ll hold elite status until January 31, 2023. It is however a bit of a bummer that members with AAdvantage Platinum status or higher can’t use this offer to re-qualify.