American Airlines: Status Upgrade
(UPDATE: THIS DEAL IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE UNLESS YOU’VE ALREADY BOOKED FLIGHTS) As if I don’t sing the praises of the World Elite Mastercard Benefits enough I think I found the one that takes the cake- a free no strings attached American Airlines Status Upgrade with the lowest requirements we’ve ever seen. Through Mastercard’s partnership with American Airlines, they’ve negotiated a complimentary status upgrade for cardholders who book and fly two round-trips within a 90-day period. Both trips must be completed by March 31, 2021 and you must book through Mastercard Travel & Lifestyle Services (same prices and counts as direct). Feel free to send any questions (after you subscribe to my Youtube channel first 🙂
Let’s be very clear here– there is no competitor status requirement, no qualifying dollar amount and no registration process! Of course you would never learn of this if you keep reading the same recycled post that a certain site keeps posting about the subject but there’s no need to comment on it (oh wait, you can’t)
Here’s a list of posts singing Mastercard’s Praises
- World Elite Mastercard Luxury Hotel Benefits, Price Guarantee (Come with Chase Freedom Flex)
- Try This Trick to Find Valuable World Mastercard Benefits
- Mastercards Amazing Travel Booking Portal & Why It’s Better than FHR and LHRC
I thought my recent Delta Offer was the most generous I’ve seen but this is just bananas. All you need is a World Elite Mastercard which almost everyone has at this point because some of the most popular cards out there like the Chase Freedom Flex and the Citi Double Cash are World Elite and they have NO ANNUAL Fee.
How Do You Get Elite Status on AA Through AAdvantage Promotion
First you’ll have to sign up for the Mastercard Travel Service here. Once you’re logged in click Latest offers and from there you’ll find it after going down a few pages. But you do not have to sign up for the offer, you just have to book through Mastercard.
- To qualify for American Airlines AAdvantage® Gold Status
- book and travel on two domestic round-trip flights (any cabin) OR
- one domestic round-trip flight (main cabin) and one international round-trip flight (main cabin)
- To qualify for American Airlines AAdvantage® Platinum Status,
- book and travel on two international round-trip flights (any cabin) OR
- one domestic round-trip flight (main cabin) and one international round-trip flight (premium cabin)
- If you already have AAdvantage® Gold Status, you will be awarded with AAdvantage® Platinum Status when completing two round-trip flights within the 90-day period
American Airlines Status Upgrade Details: Terms and Conditions
- This offer is valid for bookings placed up to and including March 31, 2021.
- This offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion that may be available
- This offer is subject to availability, changes and may be withdrawn at any time.
- Payment method: major credit card or debit card
- Flight bookings must be confirmed through the concierge for the benefit to be applied to the reservation.
- Travelers must have an active AAdvantage® account and AAdvantage® credentials must be in the PNR.
- Upgrade status to any level above Platinum is not offered.
- Elite status will be processed within 30 days of the second trip being completed.
- This benefit is only applicable, if the traveler listed in the reservation is the one who has flown.
- Trips booked with AAdvantage® miles or Business Extra® points are not eligible for this offer. (this is standard of course with any elite status requirements.)